Company: Islamic Relief Bangladesh
- The Finance Manager of Islamic Relief Bangladesh leads the finance unit and provides accurate and effective financial Management reports and as well as forecasts on the organization’s income and expenditure. S/he empowers and builds the capacity of all the field offices and Partners of Islamic relief Bangladesh to manage funds effectively and efficiently, meeting international standards and the standards of the IR donor agencies.
- Job Purpose:
- To manage & lead the national finance staff while overseeing all field-offices’ financial functions and effective control of all financial matters ensuring reporting and compliance with donors and Islamic Relief Worldwide financial guidelines.
- Key Working Relationship:
- Regular liaison and engagement with Different Unit Like Human Resources Management & Development, Operation Support, External Relation & Communication etc., Partner organization, Regional Team, Country Director, Regional Desk Coordinator, external bodies, and IRW international finance.
- To ensure Finance Management and control: (50%)
- To maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity, and transparency of the office and all field offices operations following Islamic Relief Worldwide guidelines, national legal requirements, and internationally accepted accounting standards.
- Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organization.
- To provide complete, accurate, and timely financial reports, including institutional donor reports where required for all projects implemented in the country, in the required formats.
- To maintain accurate and effective financial controls on all transactions incurred by the office and sub-offices as part of project implementation and other related costs.
- To maintain effective control over cash and bank (ensure that cash in hand and bank reconcile with accounting records). Ensure that the office and sub-office funds are well managed and that adequate funds are available to meet the organization’s responsibility.
- To provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to the IR finance department.
- To assist and support the Programme Manager and Country Director in ensuring that field expenditures meet IR and institutional donor requirements and remain within the approved plans and budgets.
- To assist and support the Programme Manager and Country Director in the preparation of budgets for project proposals and annual field office budgets
- To ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting, and internal control systems for the field and all sub-offices.
- To liaise with external auditors, government departments, banks regularly.
- To manage and undertake local internal audits of the field and sub-offices including implemented projects.
- Develop budget guidelines and supervise the preparation of the CO budgets to include project proposal budgets and monthly, quarterly, and annual operating budgets; coordinate and supervise the preparation of the co quarterly forecast(pipeline) budgets and future years budgets
- Effectively maintain compliances & standards: 30%
- Ensure that Country Offices & all field offices in the country use and comply with IR Financial guidelines.
- To ensure procurement is conducted according to IR standards as well as donor agency requirements.
- To ensure that adequate measures are in place to safeguard the assets of the organization.
- To ensure that contracts, leases, and other agreements are properly prepared and updated to meet agency needs; including fair and reasonable commitments from service vendors; and to comply with legal obligations.
- Developing the capacity of Staff & partners (15%)
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance department through pro-active engagement, communication, and direction.
- Develop strategic objectives and work plans of the unit through the active participation of the team member.
- Ensuring that each member of the team fully understands the outcomes that are expected of them and they are aware of the success criteria which pertain to their work.
- Ensuring that work is planned and organized in a way that will meet the needs of staff at the Islamic Relief Country Office and in project areas in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Ensuring that team members are given appropriate workloads and are working efficiently.
- Supporting team members to enable them to give of their best e.g. by encouraging and Praising good performance, Coaching, assisting staff to prevent or resolve problems, providing resources, tools, and equipment.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance and, in Particular, holding staff accountable for meeting the success criteria and delivering any improvement goals which have been identified; giving corrective feedback where required, and taking decisive action in the case of poor performance.
- To provide guidance and develop the finance staff of the field office and sub-offices i.e. to build the capacity of national staff to reconcile accounting ledger entries to the Budget Versus Actual.
- Ensuring that staff is adequately trained and developed for their roles e.g. by analyzing staff training needs, organizing the delivery of training or coaching, coordinating the sharing of experience.
- To train staff and partners especially in budget preparation and monitoring.
- Designing and developing training and development Schedule & plan based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs.
- Managing the delivery of training and development programs and in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organization.
- Networking & Others (5%)
- To represent IR in relevant forums and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same.
- Being a member of Islamic Relief as a child-friendly organization, it is the core responsibility and obligation of each staff member to understand and obey the IR Child Protection Policy & Other Safeguarding policy and respond accordingly as and when required.
- Work at office
- Master of Commerce (MCom) in Accounting, Finance, Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting, Finance
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CCAB/ACMA/CPA) will get preference
- At least 15 year(s)
- Extensive experience of working on ECHO, SIAD, DFID, GAC funded projects and preferably in the consortium
- Proven Expertise in Microsoft Word/ Excel/PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Dynamics AX an advantage
- Proven skills of and preparation of budgets for donors like ECHO, SIDA, DFID, GAC etc
- Excellent knowledge of Reading/Writing/Speaking/Listening for English & Bengali
- Excellent Coordination/Advocacy/Networking/Communication Skill
- Facilitation & Decision-Making Skill
- Ability to manage and supervise finance and non-finance staff in multiple and remote locations
- Problem Solving & Thought/thematic Leadership skill.
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
- Disposition of a team player.
- Ability to work independently and provide initiative in improving finance/Administration functions.
- To establish good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- To communicate clearly in writing and orally
- To work under pressure and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrates the flexibility and energy that is required for a high level of self-management and awareness
- Previous experience working overseas, preferably with an NGO
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Other benefits will be provided as organizational HRM & Development Policy
If the candidates feel that their qualification, exposure and experience matches with our requirements, and they are willing to commit to our values and are sympathetic to our beliefs then please download Application Form from our official website (islamicrelief.org.bd) and send the filled form to email@example.com on or before the closing date. Please mention only the “Position Name” as the subject of the e-mail. Interviews are expected to take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy may close earlier than the above closing date). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further selection process.Application Deadline : 7 Nov 2020